The offices of the Southern California Association of Non Profit Housing will be closed for our Holiday Break.
Our offices will be closed from December 23, 2013 through January 3, 2014. Have a safe and happy holiday season.
CHECK YOUR MAIL SOON! SCANPH CONFERENCE BROCHURES ON THE WAY!
We will be sending out our 2010 Conference brochure with workshop announcements and updates this week. If you want to see it now, download it now at this link! Make your reservations and plans now!
2010 SCANPH 22nd Annual Housing Conference, "Navigating the Storm II: Building Upon Our Experience"
Bringing together the entire affordable housing community for a day of discussion, debate and networking, our 2010 conference entitled "Building Upon Our Experience," convenes on Friday, October 1, 2010.
2010 SCANPH Homes Within Reach Awards
It's time once again to nominate this year's outstanding affordable developers projects, lenders, advocates and staff for the 2010 Homes Within Reach Awards. The awards will be officially presented at SCANPH's Annual Conference on October 1, 2010 at the Wilshire Grand in downtown Los Angeles. Our annual Homes Within Reach awards, where peers recognize their peers' best work each year, is one of the most prominent and most highly respected honors presented to California's top nonprofit housing developers. The Southern California Association of Non-Profit Housing celebrates our industry's accomplishments by recognizing outstanding achievement each year. All the Awards are nominated by the membership, and chosen by an impartial committee of the previous year's award winners who don't have any projects nominated this year.
This year there will be changes in our categories to better reflect our industry's best projects. The 2010 Homes Within Reach Award Categories will be:
• Developer of the Year
• Financial Supporter of the Year
• Advocate of the Year
• Nonprofit Staff Member of the Year
• Multifamily Project of the Year (including Home Ownership)
• Special Needs Project of the Year
• Senior Housing Project of the Year
Please read the selection below on details on how you can nominate a project, developer, nonprofit staff member, or advocate for the award. We encourage everyone to copy it freely and mail it out to your mailing lists and lists of projects you are supporting.
There are no forms or application materials. Please check the criteria for each award to make sure the project or person qualifies. There are no limitations on repeat winners. All nominations are to be sent to SCANPH in narrative form on two pages or less, with high resolution pictures as needed. Documents are preferred in MS Word and we prefer all pictures in high resolution (72 dpi or higher) .jpeg format. Hard copies are acceptable but should be accompanied by electronic files whenever possible. Applications must be received in our office by Monday, August 30, 2010. Send your nominations
to Robert Dhondrup by email email@example.com, or regular mail (3345 Wilshire Blvd, #1005, L.A. CA 90010).
Non-Profit Projects of the Year
Must be completed between September 1, 2009 and September 1, 2010. Developer must be a SCANPH member. All applications must include:
• Developer and construction team, architect, all lenders and financing;
• Data sheet including: # of units with # of bedrooms; rents; targeted income of residents;
• At least 4 photos, in electronic form. Please include pictures with people;
• Statement, no longer than two pages, about why this project should win. What makes this project special?
• Did it overcome obstacles? Is there something notable architecturally, or its location, or its residents,
Financial Supporter of the Year
A lender, investor, local government, or foundation who went beyond the call of duty in the past year or several years.
• They must be a member of SCANPH. Can be lender, investor, foundation, local government, even an individual. Can be awarded either for cumulative excellence or this year's achievement.
• No more than two-page statement of why this financial supporter is unique. What did they accomplish?
• Why they did what they did? Who they target or serve?
• Nomination should include information beyond amounts of money lent, granted or invested, unless these were unique or out-of-the-ordinary.
Non-Profit Developer of the Year
A developer who consistently develops creative solutions to overcome obstacles, either in the past year or over its lifetime.
• The developer must be a member of SCANPH. Can be awarded either for cumulative excellence, or this year's achievement.
• No more than a two page statement about why this developer should win: how they were formed, who they serve, what they did this past year or throughout its history that is unique, their role in broader community development and revitalization, and their leadership and contributions.
Advocate of the Year
A person who exceeds duty to advocate for the industry, in the past year or as a career. Does not have to be a SCANPH member. Cannot be self-nominated. No more than two pages on why this individual deserves to be recognized for the work they have done to promote affordable housing, either in the past year or throughout their careers.
Staffperson of the Year
The "unsung" hero of your organization. Organization has to be a SCANPH member. The nominee cannot be Executive Director. Open to all other staff (project, clerical, technical). Nominated by their own organization or another, cannot self-nominate. No more than two pages on why this individual deserves to be recognized. What did they do in your organization that makes them unique.
To learn more please contact Robert Dhondrup, SCANPH Communications Director at 213.480.1249.
REGISTRATION AND SPONSORSHIP ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
The 2010 SCANPH Conference Registration form is now available here!
You can register as an attendee of the conference. You can signup as an Exhibit Sponsor for the 2010 Affordable Homes EXPO. You also become a major sponsor of the conference, with extra benefits. See all three forms attached.