The offices of the Southern California Association of Non Profit Housing will be closed for our Holiday Break.
Our offices will be closed from December 23, 2013 through January 3, 2014. Have a safe and happy holiday season.
.Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
1. Supports the Executive Director in the fulfillment of WHCHC Strategic Plan.
2. Leads the implementation of the organization’s Plan for Institutional Advancement.
3. Monitors progress toward advancement goals and objectives; evaluates results of strategies and activities.
4. Reviews the plan itself periodically and recommends changes in strategies and tactics, as appropriate.
5. Provides support to the members of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, and other staff members, in meeting their resource development related responsibilities.
6. Develops, drafts, and recommends resource development policies that conform to best practice standards (for example, policies on donor recognition, gift acknowledgement, gift acceptance, etc.).
7. Supervises and coordinates the work of the Communications Manager and any independent contractors engaged in resource development activities (for example, grant researchers and writers, special event managers, public relations specialists, etc.).
8. Ensures compliance with fundraising grant requirements and adherence to expressed donor intentions; maintains effective internal controls on privileged information (for example, donor information).
9. In concert with the Executive Director and Communications Manager, develops and implements public communications strategies and messages.
10. Assists the Controller in the preparation of an annual operating budget and regular financial reports.
Knowledge, abilities, and skills
The successful candidate for this position;
Preference will be given to individuals who;
For one year at minimum, this will be a part-time on staff position paid $40,000 annually for 24 hours of work per week. Opportunities for obtaining a full time staff position with full benefits are dependent upon performance during the first year of service.
Effective date: March 2013
Send resumes via email to Robin Conerly, Executive Director; firstname.lastname@example.org